managerberater Privacy Statement
www.manager-berater.com | Status: 26/06/2018 The team at managerberater is looking forward to welcoming you to our company website. We view the protection of your privacy when processing personal data and the security of all business data as an important concern that we take into account in our business processes. So, in this Privacy Statement, we would like to inform you in detail about our handling of your data. Data controller pursuant to Art. 4(7) of the GDPR
managerberater Mario Lukié, Michael Basmann & Nikolai Förster GbR [= Civil Law Partnership] Zollstockgürtel 67, DE-50969 Cologne, Germany Tel. +49 (0)221 340919-10 Fax +49 (0)221 340919-11 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Officer of the Controller
Dr. Ralf W. Schadowski Tel. +49 (0)241-44688-0 E-mail email@example.com
- §1 Legal basis for the processing of personal data (1) Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, Art. 6(1)a of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis.
(2) When processing personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6(1)b GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures.
(3) Insofar as processing of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6(1)c GDPR serves as the legal basis.
(4) In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6(1)d GDPR serves as the legal basis.
(5) If the processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6(1)f GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing.
- §2 Erasure of data / duration of storage (1) The personal data of the data subject will be erased or blocked as soon as the purpose of the storage ceases to apply.
(2) Storage may also take place if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in EU directives, laws or other regulations to which the Controller is subject.
(3) The data will also be blocked or erased if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless there is a need for the further storage of the data for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract.
- 3§ Information about the collection of personal data (1) Below, we provide information about the collection of personal data when you use our website. Personal data is all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data provided by you (your e-mail address and, if applicable, your name and phone number) is stored in order to answer your questions. We erase the data arising in this context after storage is no longer required, or restrict its processing if there are legal retention obligations.
(3) If we use commissioned service providers for individual functions of our website, or if we wish to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. At the same time, we also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
If you visit our company website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with any information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis for this is Art. 6(1) clause 1f GDPR):
• IP address / hostname
• Date and time of the inquiry
• Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT/UTC)
• Content of the request (specific site)
• Access status / HTTP status code
• Amount of data transferred in each case
• Website from which the request originates (referrer)
• The pages of our website which you have accessed
• Browser: type, version and language set
• Operating system: type and version
▪ Screen resolution
▪ Colour depth
▪ Size of the browser window
▪ Installed browser plugins
(1) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard disk and are assigned to the browser you are using, through which certain information flows to the server that places the cookie. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They make the website more user-friendly and effective overall.
(2) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functionality of which are explained below:
a. Transient cookies (see b)
b. Persistent cookies (see c)
c. Flash cookies (see f)
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes session cookies, in particular. These store a session ID, which can be used to assign various requests from your browser to the joint session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period of time, which can vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies in your browser’s security settings at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and refuse, for example, the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Third-party cookies are cookies that have been placed by a third party, therefore not by the actual website on which you are currently located. We would like to point out that, in that case, you may not be able to use all the features of this website.
f) The flash cookies used are not collected by your browser, but by your Flash plugin. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your terminal device. These objects store the required data regardless of the browser you are using and do not have an automatic expiry date. You can configure the setting and deletion of Flash cookies using the Adobe Flash Player Settings Manager at http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/de/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html. Alternatively, if you do not wish to process the Flash cookies, you can install an appropriate add-on, e.g. “Better Privacy” for Mozilla Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/betterprivacy/) or the Adobe Flash Killer cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using the private mode in your browser. We also recommend that you delete your cookies and browser history manually on a regular basis.
- §4 Other functions & offers of our company website (1) In addition to the purely informational use of our website, we offer various services that you can use if you are interested. For this purpose, you must generally provide other personal data that we use to provide the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply. Mandatory details are marked with an asterisk. Details in fields not marked in this way are purely optional.
(2) When you contact the service provider by e-mail or via the contact form, your e-mail address and, if you provide them, your name, your telephone number and […] will be stored by us in order to answer your questions.
(3) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected and commissioned by us, are bound by our directives and are regularly monitored.
(4) Furthermore, we may share your personal data with third parties if we offer promotional participation, competitions, contracts or similar services together with partners. To receive more detailed information, enter your personal data or in the description of the offering below.
(5) If our service providers or partners are located in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offering.
- §5 Rights of the data subject In the following section we clarify your rights as a data subject pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR. You can exercise these rights at any time and contact us directly for this reason. If you assert these rights against us, we will examine them in detail, taking into account the related legal requirements and conditions. We may ask you for further information for this purpose. We will explain the results of our examination and our procedure for fulfilling your request in detail. We may not be able to fully meet your wishes in the way you want.
This is not intended to prevent you from asserting your rights against us or asking us about them. We will be happy to answer all your questions.
(1) Right of access: You have the right to request information from us at any time as to whether and which data relating to you is being processed by us. This also includes information about the purposes of the processing, possibly about recipients to whom we have disclosed data from you, the planned storage period and, if applicable, information about the origin of this data, unless we have collected it directly from you. In addition, you have the right to a one-time free-of-charge copy of your personal data stored by us. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for the production of further copies.
(2) Right to rectification: You have the right to request us to rectify inaccurate data that we have stored about you. This includes the right to the completion of incomplete personal data.
(3) Right to erasure: You have the right to request the erasure of data that we have stored about you. If we have published data about you, this also includes our obligation to comply with the “right to be forgotten” pursuant to Art. 17(2) GDPR and, taking into account available technology and implementation costs, passing on your wish for the deletion of all links to this data as well as copies and/or replications of such data to other persons responsible for the processing of such published personal data.
(4) Right to restrict processing: You have the right to demand that we restrict the processing of data we have stored about you. Thereafter, processing of this data is only possible with your consent or for a few legally defined purposes.
(5) Right to object to the processing: If we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you can object to the processing. This is the case if the processing is not necessary, in particular, for the fulfilment of a contract with you, which is shown by us in the following description of the functions. In the event of such an objection, we request an explanation of the reasons why we should not have processed your personal data as we have done. In the event that your objection is justified, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out to you our compelling legitimate reasons on the basis of which we will continue the processing. Of course, you can object to the processing of your personal data for the purposes of advertising and data analysis at any time. You can inform us about your advertising objection using the contact methods listed above.
(6) Right to revoke consent under data protection law: If you have given consent to the processing of your data, you may revoke it at any time. Such a revocation affects the permissibility of processing your personal data after you have given it to us.
(7) Right to data portability: You have the right to receive data about you that you have provided us in a structured, common and machine-readable format from us for the purpose of transferring it to another controller. At your request and taking into account the existing technical possibilities, this also includes the direct transfer from us to the other controller.
(8) Right to complain to a supervisory authority: You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority at any time about our processing of data about you.
(9) Automated decision-making including profiling.
You have the right to obtain information about the existence of automated decision-making including profiling in accordance with Art. 22(1) and (4) GDPR and – at least in these cases – to obtain meaningful information about the logic involved as well as the scope and the intended effects of such processing for the data subject.
- §6 E-mail-based information services 1. Newsletter / Press distribution list
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which we use to inform you about our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the double opt-in procedure for subscription to our newsletter. This means that, after you have registered, we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address, in which we ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically erased after one month. In addition, we store the IP addresses you use and the times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, if applicable, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and is used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we will store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6(1) clause 1a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and unsubscribe from the newsletter. You can declare your revocation by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail.
- §7 Web analysis tools The legal basis for the use of all web analysis tools listed in this section is Art. 6(1) clause 1f GDPR, i.e. the protection of our legitimate interests after weighing up the interests of our website visitors. Our interest lies in the analysis of the use of our website by our website visitors in order to improve our offering and to make it more interesting for you as a user. If the analysis tool used also serves other purposes or if we make use of it for other interests of our own, we will inform you about this directly in the explanations of the respective analysis tool.
1. Use of Google Analytics
(5) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, text files stored on your computer that enable an analysis of your activity on the website. The information about your activity on this website generated by cookies is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. When activating the IP anonymisation on this website, however, Google will first abbreviate your IP address within the EU member states and other signatories to the Treaty on the European Economic Area. The full IP address will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there in exceptional cases only. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the
website, compiling reports on website activities and providing the website operator with other services relating to website and Internet use.
(1) The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data from Google.
(2) You may prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; however, we would like to point out that, in this case, you may not be able to use all the functions of this website to their full extent. In addition, you may prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) by Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(3) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “anonymizeIp()”. This processes the IP addresses further in truncated form, excluding the possibility of their being linked to any individual. If the data collected from you is found to be of a personal nature, it will be removed and deleted immediately.
(4) For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google is subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(5) Third-party provider information:
Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001 User terms & conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html
Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html
Privacy statement: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy
. (6) This website also uses Google Analytics for a cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is carried out via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account under “My data”, “Personal data”.
- §8 Other third-party services
- AddThis bookmarking (7) Our website also contains AddThis plugins. These plugins allow you to place bookmarks or share interesting content with other users. Through the plugins, we pursue our interest in offering you the opportunity to interact with social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offering and make it more interesting and attractive for you as a user. The legal basis for using the plugins is Art. 6(1) clause 1f GDPR.
(8) Through these plugins, your Internet browser establishes a direct connection with the servers of AddThis and, where applicable, the selected social network or bookmarking service. The recipients receive information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offering and the data mentioned in § 5 of this statement. This information is processed on AddThis servers in the United States (we have concluded standard data protection clauses with AddThis). If you send content on our website to social networks or bookmarking services, a connection may be established between your visit to our website and your user profile on the relevant network. We have no influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full scope of the data collection, the purposes of the processing or the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the collected data by the plugin provider.
(9) The plugin provider stores this data as usage profiles and uses them for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide demand-orientated advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plugin provider to exercise this right.
(10) If you do not wish to participate in this procedure, you can object to the collection and storage of data at any time by placing an opt-out cookie with effect for the future: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out. Alternatively, you can set your browser to prevent a cookie from being placed.
(11) For further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plugin provider, as well as further information on your rights in this regard and setting options for the protection of your privacy, please contact: AddThis LLC, 1595 Spring Hill Road, Sweet 300, Vienna, VA 22182, USA; www.addthis.com/privacy.
- Google Web Fonts (1) This website uses web fonts, which are provided by Google to provide a uniform display of fonts. When you visit a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly. For this purpose, the browser you are using must connect to Google’s servers. This gives Google notice that our website has been accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web Fonts is in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online offers. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6(1)f GDPR.
(2) If your browser does not support web fonts, a default font is used by your computer. For more information about Google Web Fonts, visit: https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq/ or Google’s Privacy Statement: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
- Integration of Google Maps (3) On this website we use the Google Maps service. We are thereby pursuing our interest in increasing the attractiveness of our website by displaying interactive maps directly on our website and enabling you to use the map function conveniently. The legal basis for
using the plugin is Art. 6(1) clause 1f GDPR.
(4) When you visit the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data referred to in § 5 of this statement will be transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether Google provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether there is no user account. When you are logged in to Google, your data will be directly associated with your account. If you do not want to be assigned to your profile with Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google stores your data as usage profiles and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or the needs-based design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide demand-orientated advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact Google to exercise this right.
(5) Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and its processing by the plugin provider can be obtained in the privacy statements of the provider. You will also find further information about your rights and possible settings to protect your privacy: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, CA 94043, USA; http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy
. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has agreed to comply with the EU-US Privacy Shield: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework